Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Beginning!

Ok, so I had a holiday today. Made great use of it. Doing what? Reading Agatha Christie. It's truly a wonderful life. What could be better than waking up at 10, lounging around, reading fiction and relaxing all day?

"The Body in the Library" is ok, not a great Christie but still better than "Passenger to Frankfurt" or "Postern of Fate". Recommendation : Pls don't ever buy these two books, let alone read them.

Books are truly amazing. I have some that I can read time and time again, and still not get bored. This irritates my parents sometimes, who want me to graduate to more sophisticated reading [read non pulp fiction]. The books i've read most often are my collection of school stories, which really take me back, Georgette Heyer [she's an absolute genius, if you've not read any of her books, read them NOW] and the Anne series. Not to forget Asterix, who, with his companions, never fails to make me laugh.

Tomorrow is our traditional New Year. I have this habit of forgetting all details about any festival after its done, so have absolutely no idea what's gonna happen tomorrow. Vaguely remember this - as soon as I get up in the morning, I have to walk to the mirror without opening my eyes, which is tough, and then look at all the stuff laid out in front of it. I have no idea why this is required. I get to wear new clothes, which is nice.

Thought for the day :: Read this in Reader's Digest, so its not original. Here goes - "My mother's menu has just two things on it - take it or leave it". Sorry, Mum. Btw, this is not an exact quote, and i don't remember who said it.

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey pooj..welcome to the blogging world...:-)

RDD said...

Belated Happy New Year to you.. I guess you will love blogging.. Keep doing it. I still wish I could pinch those chubby cheeks and one day I will.. :)