Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Give an apt title to this blog!

I’m a very interested viewer of American Idol. For the last few weeks the auditions have seen some fabulous singers and more importantly some other singers, who are diametrically opposite to fabulous. They were so bad, that I was amazed that they actually had the confidence that they were “the next American Idol”. Couldn’t they hear themselves sing?

But then, last week, a group of us got together and had a four hour 3 hour singing session. It was great fun. There was a guitar, and well, it was very relaxing. Music therapy, you could say. We recorded one of the songs on a mobile phone. A couple of days later, I happened to listen to the recording. God, I sound a whole lot different on playback. I know I’m not a phenomenal singer, or anything like that, but I thought that I would at least be in tune. But like I said, I just sounded awful. So now, I’ve realized, you sound a lot different in your head, than how others can hear you. Maybe, so did those contestants.

Can’t think of a punchy ending to this blog, so it’s just going to stop abruptly. Ciao!

2 comments:

Prajna said...

Voices in my head

Megha said...

music to my ears