Sunday, March 18, 2007

Schumi

I'm just watching the first race of this year - the Australian GP. It really struck me now, seeing the list of race drivers - there was no MSC or M Schumacher to be seen. I got hooked on to F1 in high school, because of a friend of mine. Every Sunday, at 4:30 in the evening, my TV would switch on, my assignments would come out, and for two hours, it would be me, driving at impossible speeds, around a beautiful circuit. The car of choice, what else but a Ferrari? My hero - Schumi. He's given me afternoons of great fun - I have friends who are McLaren devotees, and slanging matches were the norm. Now that Schumi's moved on, I have to really work up an interest. I don't know how Raikonnen and Massa will do, I certainly wish them the very best. Adieu, Schumi!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I had no idea who Michael Schumacher was in 1st PU when I was in the finals of my first DC competition. Obviously, I lost. Now, I am a little improved though. Thanks to u guys, I know schumi has retired and KIMI won!! Oops, this means I know a LOT :P

Anonymous said...

I am definitely not an ardent F1 fan. Though I was just vaguely aware of all the matches and their results. It made no difference to me when schumi won, but it definitely did when he used to lose. :-).. I used to woner who the hell beat schumi :-)

P.S : I learnt abt schumi in 10th while preparin for DC. Oh ya we won though :)