Friday, October 05, 2007

To sleep or not to sleep.

You know, Hamlet got it right. Everything boils down to - "To ________ or not to __________". If you can answer this, then you've got it made. My current quandary is the subject line of this blog. I see my room-mates up all hours of the night, almost always studying, and every single day before I sleep, I have this debate with myself. So many decisions to make - what time to sleep, what time to wake up, how many alarms to set, where to sleep, is it too hot for a comforter, does the heat need to be turned up - and all these just related to sleeping. Boy, I lead a busy life.

Before I forget, it appears that Meh was the only person who missed my blogs, so Meh, shoutouts to you. Santa Barbara will never be the same again.

I've been in Blacksburg for a while now. Its a beautiful place. Everytime I've spoken to someone on the phone the last month, the first question they ask me is "Have the leaves turned/changed colour/some equivalent?" I didn't really get it. How different could it be? But in the matter of one week, I see greens, golds, russets, reds, oranges, yellows, pinks and maroons, all in the space of a couple of hundred feet, and I realize, you've got to see it to believe it. Will post some pics soon in here.

Its half past four in the afternoon here, and I've finally decided that I deserve a nap. The consequence of this decision is that this blog is not going to be as long as I had imagined. I'm off no, to sleep. Maybe........................................


8 comments:

Alpine Path said...

Good one! I've missed your blog too :) Hey! Your roommates have the same quandaries.... And are they up studying??? or partying? :)

Anonymous said...

u shud color ur hair violet...me thinks that shud be first on ur list!!!!

Unknown said...

well, 1 of your room mate is SLEEPING till late in the morning so it works out to be the same. :) And "violet" hair... :O

RDD said...

Waiting for ur pics?? And gosh, how come so may ppl reading your blog nowadays? :P

Anamika Anyone said...

ooh.. Can't wait to see those pics! :)

Megha said...

Well, I was about to say 'waiting for your pics' but thats said enuf times.. I see new ppl reading ur blog.. Do they discuss it too?
Btw do they know u had colored it red sometime ago?
Therez the comment.. And I choose to SLEEP..
good night

Pooja said...

1. Meh is right, my hair was red at one time, hard though it might be to believe.
2. Rush, ppl do prefer realistic blogs sometimes :P
3. Anamika, liked your new blog..
4. Others, welcome to RealityCheck

Anonymous said...

Hey, I missed your blog too!! :P. So coloring your hair again eh?? :-) Send the pics!