Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Reflections.snoitcelfeR

I went to see Guru last Sunday. Its a good watch. Could have been better. Aishwarya was good, so was Abhishek. Now, they're engaged. I guess congratulations are in order.

I have holidays going on now. Starting my project next Monday, so I'm fairly free till then. I have no idea what to do with the time. Studying is an option, but I can't study 24/7 now, can I? I'm reading Bill Bryson's 'Made In America'. Its great entertainment, but personally, the pace at which I read non-fiction is about a hundred times lesser than my "fictional" pace. Good pun, don't you think? (Even if I do say so myself:-))

I was reading Wilbur Smith's 'Eagle in the Sky'. Its a beautiful love story. David and Debra really touched a chord in my heart. The first time I read it was about eight years ago. I had, and still have an intense desire to visit Israel because of this book. To all the people who read this blog, please try to get your hands on this book. Read it. I promise, you'll enjoy it.

I spoke to a friend of mine, last night, for close to an hour and a half. These days, I get to meet my school and PU college friends only about once a year. Its a weird feeling. For two years, we literally spent close to fifteen hours in each others' company, what with college and tuition. And then, once you get into that much desired professional course, despite all good intentions, meeting up just becomes an impossibility. Schedules are totally hectic, and the intersection of everybody's free time is a null set. I wish everyone could slow down a bit, and just take a break. It would be real fun to just meet up all my friends and hang out. Well, I can still hope that it happens.

Movie recommendation for today : International Velvet (A good watch for horse lovers)
Book recommendation for today : The Grand Sophy, by Georgette Heyer
Song for today : Walk of Life, by Dire Straits
TV Show for today : Grey's Anatomy (but naturally!!!)
Colour for today : Grey (hahaha)

All these recos show how totally bored I am. I solemnly vow, I shall rack my brains for more witty and embarrassing(for them) anecdotes about my friends, and faithfully inform the world. As a young friend of mine would say, toodles..............

No comments: