Saturday, January 13, 2007

Obsession

Well, the exams are finally over, after a great deal of sweat and tears, not to mention sleep. Nothing more shall be said about them, till the results are here.

Ranj, Meh and I were studying together four days before the first theory exam. We had the bright idea of making corn bhujia (Meh's specialty), at ten in the night. And naturally, we needed some entertainment on TV. I decided that it was a great time to introduce them to the fascinating world of Seattle Grace. To the uninitiated, I mean Grey's Anatomy, a drama series currently showing on Star World.

I started watching this show from the first episode of the first season. After I got the first season on DVD, I watched all the nine episodes again. Third time was with R n M. It took us two episodes to work our way through the food. Since we were too stuffed, and sleepy, to continue studying, we decided to call it a day (actually, an early morning), and continue studying the next day.

Come the next morning, both madams are totally uninterested in the mysteries of radial basis functions. Instead, they're busy drooling over McDreamy. The only neurons they were interested in were the ones in the brains being operated upon by Dr Derek Shepherd, the oh-so-handsome surgeon, with the complicated life. They finished watching seven episodes in seven hours. I might have expected this from Meh, but definitely not from Ranj! They wouldn't even let me sleep, since they needed me to fill in the blanks!

Fast forward five exams. After the second elective, six of the eight of us were here to party a bit before settling down to slog for CIPE. We had to decide on a movie to watch. Omkara, Arsenic & Old Lace, and some others were suggested. After Nik and Zee made us sit through an excrutiatingly shrill episode of Roadies, you know who suggested that the others watch Grey's (again!).

To cut a long story short, now everyone is hooked, and I have a nasty feeling that I'm going to end up watching the first season about six times more. I've also got very, very vocal demands for the second season DVD. Would this qualify as obsession???

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pooooo...when are u getting the second season DVD?? :-) This definitely counts as obsession...Have to thank u for it i guess :-)

Pooja said...

Will let u know as soon as I do!

Megha said...

AHEM AHEM...AHEM AHEM...AHEM AHEM
(coughing cos of the cold n sore throat...:P)
Well Well What can I say????

OK... I am drooling over Dr. Sheperd ( I forget Rahul Bose whenever I see him :( )

N poo I hv to watch season 1 once more to find out the scene in which I just want to hug him n kiss him he he... :) :D

Ppl, its a gr8 watch... As it goes on the dvd cover..."YOU JUST CAN'T STOP WATCHING"

Hope you ppl discover the magic of GREY'S ANATOMY.. cya

RDD said...

Girl obsessions. They are damn damn dangerous.

Pooja said...

@Meh
McDreamy is spelt Shepherd, not Sheperd. Hehehe