Thursday, December 21, 2006

Exam fever!!!

God, I love exams. There's nothing like a million butterflies in your stomach to truly make you feel fabulous. Finished the last two labs of my bachelor's course this week. Its a strange feeling. Seems like just yesterday that I attended the orientation ceremony. Well, time and tide wait for no man.

These old adages are really funny sometimes. One tells you - "Out of sight, out of mind". The next one you read will be - "Familiarity breeds contempt". So what is a girl to do? Stay near, but be distant?

My theory exams start next Thursday. Trying to study. Just a week left. God, I need loads of help. It sure would be great to have a time freezing machine, or a photographic memory, or a lookalike robot. I don't know why scientists haven't come up with versions of these things. They're just wasting their time trying to figure out nuclear fusion, and trips to Mars.

I was watching a show on tv this morning, Ed. Its been a really long time since I followed it, so didn't really understand what was going on. But this is what I gathered. Ed's really upset that he doesn't have anything to leave behind for posterity. No special talent. And this feeling's only intensified by his genius artist-client. After sinking to the depths of self - pity, he starts designing his headstone. He then gets a letter from a lady who knew his great-grandfather, saying that he was a good man, who is greatly missed by all his friends. He then changes what he had written - "Art was his life" to "Life was his art". Just made an impression on me. Don't know why exactly.

Well, at any rate, its something to think about!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the prev. blog just goes to say how much u guys had studied..not bad eh...(sorry for commentin here..didnt want my comment to go unnoticed by commenting at ur prev. blog)...mr. tanenbaum can actually write a separate book filled with such memorable lines..he he